If you don’t know what my 2016 No Buying Resolution is all about read this.
So how did I do in February?
- Bike spending = $0 [didn’t buy or service anything]
- Beer = I bought a 6 pack each week
- Savings goal = achieved 156% of my savings goal this month
I did buy some replacement Crocs as my current pair has started to wear out at the heel [where I kill all my shoes]. However, I reconsidered and decided I could keep wearing the current pair a while longer. The new Crocs were put away until I need them.
So two months down and I’m still going strong on this new year’s resolution.
Three things I’m noticing so far:
- I’m spending a lot less time thinking about stuff I’d like to buy and a lot more time thinking about stuff I’d like to do.
- The less money that I spend the easier it is to spend even less. With fewer transactions to deal with I can easily see when something is unnecessary. It’s hard to hide or lose a purchase amongst all the other stuff I am buying when I’m not buying very much at all.
- Zero change in how happy I’m feeling. I’m not feeling deprived. In fact watching my savings grow each month makes me feel like I have more ability to do the things I want to do….which is true.